H.R.735 – USA Values Act of 2017
Short Titles as Introduced:
USA Values Act of 2017
Universal Security of American Values Act of 2017
Official Title as Introduced:
To prohibit the enforcement of certain executive orders.
Introduced in House (01/30/2017)
Universal Security of American Values Act of 2017 or the USA Values Act of 2017
This bill prohibits enforcement of any executive order that would be in direct violation of an existing executive order, public law, or fully executed regulatory agency process as it relates to:
- Fourth Amendment due process;
- Fourteenth Amendment protections of citizenship rights;
- the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- laws intended to protect the civil liberties, civil rights, or human rights of persons lawfully admitted into the United States or natural born or naturalized U.S. citizens; or
- the impact on individuals based upon race, religion, ethnicity, place of birth or residence, gender, sexual orientation and identity, age, or statuses that pose no undue health threat to the general population.
No amounts made available to any federal agency may be used to implement or enforce any of the policy changes set forth in Executive Order 13769, entitled “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.” Among the order’s major provisions are restrictions on the entry of immigrants and nonimmigrants from seven countries (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen) and additional limitations on refugee admissions to the United States.